If you're not living the life of your dreams, it's because of attachments. Each negative emotion you experience is caused by one or more attachments. Allowing yourself to be free of your attachments is the only way to achieve unlimited success.
Numerous attachments obstruct advancement and success:
1. The desire for comfort is the greatest impediment to success.
It is human nature to seek solace. Few, if any, drives are more incredible than the desire to be comfortable. However, success is possible; on the other side of comfort. The familiar provides comfort, but the familiar does not bring about change.
• Accept discomfort. Recognize that your uneasy feelings are a sign that you're trying something new. New actions produce novel outcomes. Recent results may contain precisely what you're looking for.
2. A close second is the desire to be right.
We are frequently wrong. If, on the other hand, you feel compelled to be right, there is no room for the truth. Rather than proving your point, seek the truth. Rather than attempting to impose your current map of the world on reality, spend your time developing a more accurate map of your world.
3. Another impediment is your identification with your identity.
Do you consider yourself to be a person who lacks eloquence? If you do, you will never develop into a great orator. Do you believe you were born a fat person? A lean, healthy body will always remain unattainable.
• It's extremely difficult to create a reality that conflicts with your identity. Why are you so attached to your self-esteem? Release it and see what you can become.
4. Are your habits ingrained in you?
Your life is an outward manifestation of your habits. Each day, our lives improve or deteriorate slightly. Your habits, over time, determine the quality of your life. If you are unable to give up your current habits, you are stuck.
• Many success experts believe that the foundation of success is the development of new, effective habits. Allow yourself to let go of old habits and make room for new ones.
• It may be necessary to develop habits such as daily learning, networking, exercise, and reviewing your goals on a regular basis in order to achieve a new level of success.
• Another way we console ourselves is through our habits. It's unpleasant to break old habits and form new ones.
5. Affection for places and people can also be a hindrance to success.
Numerous excellent opportunities may exist in other locations. Are you emotionally invested in your town, province, or country? The world occupies a prominent position. Your best opportunity may be located more than 100 kms from your front door.
• We frequently develop attachments to places as a result of the people who inhabit them. It's not easy to abandon friends and family in order to achieve success.
• Additionally, the people in our lives are habits. Consider the most successful individuals you know. Describe the people with whom they spend their time on a regular basis. Contrast that with the members of your social circle. Are you able to discern a difference? Moving forward frequently necessitates letting go of certain people.